The Fund for the Encouragement of the Audiovisual and Cinematographic Promotion (El Fauno) of the Costa Rican Film Production Center of the Ministry of Culture and Youth, chose 9 projects out of 25 that were presented in 3 categories: Fiction, Documentary and Animation. This second edition, like the previous year, had a process of analysis and selection of through a specialized jury by category, which was formed by a national representative of the industry on each category, a specialist from abroad on each category and representative of the National Film Council of the Film Center.
The winning projects of Fauno 2016 are:
1) A VISTA DE PÁJARO. ANIMATED SERIES – NIMA GASPAR AUDIOVISUAL S.A
2) TODOS HERMANOS CENTROAMERICANOS. DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM – CLAN DEL
GUERRERO FP. S.A.
3) EL GRITO MÁS HUMANO. DOCUMENTARY– PRODUCCIONES LA TRAVIESA S.A.
4) SAN JOSÉ DE NOCHE. DOCUMETAL SERIES – CARAMBA FILMS S.A.
5) SOME PLACES. DOCUMENTARY SERIES – TIEMPO LÍQUIDO SRL
6) THE AWAKENING OF THE ANTS. FICTION FILM – CREATIVE LABORATORIES NOVAIMAGEN S.A.
7) EL HOMBRE DE LA MANCHA. FICTION FILM – EL OTRO CINE S.A.
8) RÍO SUCIO. FILM FICTION – CENTROSUR PRODUCCIONES G.F.V. S.A.
9) PROJECT N.N. FICTION SERIES – OVEJA NEGRA PRODUCCIONES S.A.
A VISTA DE PÁJARO, winner project of the Fauno Fund in the animation category, is the first original production of NIMA GASPAR AUDIOVISUAL with talents such as Osvaldo Sequeira, Jose Ulloa and Cali Eduarte.